The overall design of your webpages is also assessed according to the following five points:
- Readability: Is the text on your website consistent and easy to read?
- Color and Contrast: Does your choice of colors make the website easy to read?
- Navigation: Are your links logical, consistent, and effective?
- Multimedia: Do you appropriately integrate the images, sound, and video you use with the rest of your website?
- Attribution: Do you provide correct attribution for the images, videos, and other resources you use?
- The titles of drop-down menus are often also links and should lead somewhere, not just to a blank page!
- Make sure that you’ve carefully considered the privacy implications of including pictures of your children or students.
- Linking back to the original source is necessary but not sufficient for a proper attribution.