|Blogs serve many purposes, from updating colleagues to sharing ideas that you are exploring. Perhaps you have used a blog before, or perhaps you have always wanted to try one but never have. Now is your chance to start blogging. The goal of this Piece of Flair is to engage in dialogue and share your ideas with others. Consider who might read your blog, such as students, parents, colleagues, or administrators. This Piece of Flair allows you to engage in professional dialogue around many different topics.|
Create a blog and start posting on a regular basis (at least once per week). Some topics that you might consider blogging about:
- What you are reading professionally
- Course work for your degree and how it pertains to your classroom
- A teaching strategy you tried and how it turned out
- Fun stories from your teaching adventures (be sure to be anonymous with student names)
- Questions you are thinking about
- Anything else that works its way into your classroom and your teaching practice
Relationship to Other Pieces of Flair
Consider how you could market your blog on “LinkedIn” or “about.me” to communicate with a broad audience.
If this doesn’t sound like a good fit for your portfolio, please see other Pieces of Flair for ideas that might work better for you.