We want to be fair to you (both individually and collectively) in our grading. We understand that each of you come into the course with different skill levels with respect to technology, and we do not expect the same kind of work from each of you. In our grading, we factor in where each of you have started from and where you are at that time.
Important details to remember for all assignment submissions:
- All work should be spell-checked, grammar-checked, and proofread for clarity and organization before submission.
- Allowing for the resubmission of assignments for improvement of evaluation grades is at the instructor’s discretion.
- Grades for each assignment will be posted in the Desire2Learn (D2L) gradebook.
- Feedback on assignments will be provided through a combination of D2L and MSU email.
- You will have multiple rounds of formative assessment to fix/change your portfolio before final grades are submitted.
- You are responsible for checking your course grade regularly. Please see this page for help.
Your final grade is based on the following factors:
- 30% of your grade is based on module assignments and the feedback you provide for others
- 70% of your grade is based on your final portfolio, which we grade at the end of the semester
Your final grade will be calculated from the following scale (please note that a grade of 4.0 is the maximum even if you earn more than 100%):
|Percent (%)||Final Grade|
|0 – 64.99||0.0|
|65 – 69.99||1.0|
|70 – 74.99||1.5|
|75 – 79.99||2.0|
|80 – 84.99||2.5|
|85 – 89.99||3.0|
|90 – 94.99||3.5|
|95 – 100||4.0|
Please note that your program might have a minimum required grade for this course and for your overall GPA. See “Minimum Grade and GPA Requirements” in this document.